Responsible pursuant to article 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the
European Association for Biometrics
Prins Hendriklaan 22
1404 AT Bussum
Phone: +31 613 755977
You can reach our data protection officer electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post under:
European Association for Biometrics
Prins Hendriklaan 22
1404 AT Bussum
General information on data processing
We collect and use your personal data only to the extent necessary to provide a functional website and our content and services and only with your consent. An exception applies in those cases in which prior consent cannot be obtained for actual reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by statutory provisions.
Legal basis for the processing of your data
- The legal basis for obtaining the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures or to answer enquiries.
- Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing of personal data required to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject.
- If vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR serves as the legal basis.
- If the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing only if the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest.
Legitimate interests are for example:
- Answering queries
- the provision of services and/or information intended for you
- the processing and transfer of personal data for internal or administrative purposes the detection and prevention of fraud and criminal offences
- the operation and management of our website
- the technical support of the users
- the guarantee of network and data security, insofar as these interests are in accordance with the applicable law and with the rights and freedom of the user in each case
When you contact us by e-mail or via our contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name, your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. The data collected in this context will be deleted after the storage is no longer necessary, or the processing will be restricted if there are legal retention periods. By sending us the e-mail, you consent to data processing in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. For the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR with the aforementioned legitimate interests.
We host our online offers at zeitform Services GbR. The zeitform Services GbR collects in the sense of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR collects data on each access to the server on which this service is located.
An entry in the access log of the web server contains the following data:
- the first line of the request ("Request Header"),
- Date and time of the request,
- amount of data transferred,
- Status code of the web server,
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Description of the web browser used and
- referring page.
In addition to the date and time of the call and the amount of data transferred, the log files of the firewall and the NIDS contain further protocol-specific data such as source and destination IP addresses, source and destination ports and details of the associated IP packets.
If a request is blocked by the Application Level Firewall, its log file contains the complete request including all headers and the post payload if available.
Log file information is stored for a maximum of seven days for security reasons (e.g. to investigate abuse or fraud) and then deleted. Data whose further storage is necessary for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the respective incident has been finally clarified.
We only pass on personal data to third parties if this is necessary to process the contractual relationship or if there is another legal basis for this transfer.
If we forward data to persons and/or companies within the scope of our activities, this will only be done on the basis of a legal permit pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR to fulfil the contract, if you have consented to, if a legal obligation provides for this or on the basis of our legitimate interests (e.g. when using agents, web hosts, etc.).
If we commission third parties with the processing of data, this is done on the basis of an "order processing contract" pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR.
You have the following rights against us with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to rectification or deletion,
- Right to limit the processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data transferability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Deletion of data
The data stored with us are deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the actual purpose. As a condition and Art. 17 and 18 GDPR.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
Session cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They store a so-called "session ID", which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept cookies. We would like to point out that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
In our website we integrate functions and contents of the service Twitter, offered by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. This includes, for example, content such as images, videos or texts and links with which users can express their favor (links), integrate individual contributions or switch directly to the Twitter platform. If the users are members of the Twitter platform, Twitter may be able to assign the call of the above-mentioned contents and functions to the profiles of the users there. Twitter is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee of compliance with European data protection law (
Opt-Out: https://twitter.com/personalization .
Use of AWStats as Web Analysis Software
In order to evaluate our website statistically, we use the program AWStats. The statistics we obtain allow us to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. AWStats evaluates log files that our web server creates on the basis of visitor requests. The program does not use any cookie files for the evaluation. The statistical analysis is carried out via the log files, which also contain IP addresses (see section Collection of access data and logfiles ). As a rule, these data cannot be assigned to specific persons. This data is not merged with other data sources. The data will not be passed on to third parties. The data will also be overwritten after a statistical evaluation and deleted after 7 days at the latest. In contrast to other statistical programs, AWStats does not transmit data to an external server. The program is installed on your own computer. The server is located in Germany.
The AWStats program is an open source project. Information from the third party provider on data protection can be found at https://www.awastats.org .